Friday, September 3, 2010

Let's Go UTAH!

I know you are all excited to see the craziness that went on in the MUSS at the Utah game... but you'll have to hold your horses for a minute while I catch up to that point!
So, Andrew and I went to the Ogden Raptors game with my mom and John a few weeks ago. It was a lot of fun! Unfortunately we were seated right next to a guy who may have needed to purchase a few seats for himself and my mom was the lucky one that got to sit by him.... Way to take one for the team Mom! Don't worry though... it wasn't for the whole game. After a while people started to leave (Raptors fans apparently don't like to stay the whole game even if we are winning) and we moved down closer to the field. When we moved we ended up sitting right behind the mom of one of the players on the other team and Andrew was asked if he was the "annoying guy who is doin' all the screaming... No, I'm serious. Because if you are, I'm gonna move!" Hmm.... attitude adjustment needed there, but maybe she was just upset because her son was losing and Andrew had yelled at him a few times while up to bat (but he was doing that to everyone). After some consideration we all decided she could move if she wanted and yelled anyway! She never did move.
Here's the diamond... not really sure what else out there I was taking a picture of...

Here are mom and John... Mom is apparently really good at posing for pictures! Way to look at the camera! Thanks for the fun time at the game you guys!And here are the pictures that were taken of me and Andrew at the game... Can you tell how much fun we were having?!

This one is us showing how excited we are that the Raptors are winning! Yay! (Make sure you look at the "us showing how excited we are at the Utah game" picture too... similarities?)
Ok, here's the random picture in the midst of all the exciting ones. The other day at work, Andrew got a Christmas present (apparently they had leftovers... My thoughts "...and you just found the leftovers? It's August!"...lol) Anyway, the present was two pens... I took the one I wanted and Andrew was left with the one I didn't like. Unfortunately for him, the pen he got wasn't working so, of course, he took it apart to see if he could fix it. This picture is him showing me that it works if he blows into it... Well good! Now all he has to do is blow into his pen cartridge every time he wants to write! Sounds flawless! Don't worry, he got a new cartridge from work to make up for the broken-8-month-old Christmas present that he got!
And now for the exciting part!
Here is Andrew all ready to go to school before the game... It was his first football game in a long time because he was on his mission the past few seasons and he had to come late because he has a class on Thursday nights... Sadness! But he was still there for the exciting parts of the game, so it's ok! Good thing too! Once he got there I had my own little commentator and I actually knew what was going on! Annie and I were grateful for the explanations of what all the "illegal things" that were happening when the flags got thrown!
Here's our MUSS gang... you have to look at both pictures though because we made the people on the ends take them. Thanks Darcee and Josh! We all had a lot of fun! As I'm sure you can see from the pictures...

And here is Andrew and me showing how excited we are about the game! (Like I said... similarities?)
And here is the wonderful team that made our blood pressure fluctuate lots during the game... Don't worry though, Annie and I taught them the fundamentals of football while they were playing and it payed off!
At one point during the game Swoop (our mascot) was lifted by the students all the way up to the top of the stadium. I didn't get my camera out in time to get a picture of that, but Andrew got to touch his foot as he was going by... Pretty much an amazing experience!
And yes... We won! In overtime... the game was crazy!! Luckily they know how to step up when it really counts!
Anyway, those are the fun times we've been having recently... well, some of them! I know the post is long and there are lots of pictures, but I figure most people just get on and look at the pictures and for those of you who actually read the blog, I hope you were, at least, slightly entertained! We've got a super fun weekend coming up... golf, helping people remove wallpaper from their new house (if you want to see what I'm talking about, go check out Brooke and Matt Smith's blog!), and LION KING... so stay tuned for the details from all of that! So excited!

4 comments:

  1. Haha I am glad you are going to help Brooke and Matt!! They need it!! I like to read posts because I like to know what is going on! But I do love the pictures too! You guys seem to be doing good!! :) Im happy for you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay me for having you to help me and my whole wallpaper situation. You are right, I am going to need it. I'm glad that you guys have had some super fun times lately. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing pictures of my favorite Ute fans!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two are too adorable! Oh, and were you excited in those two pictures? Just making sure I caught that right.:) I think we need to get you guys some pens, by the way.;)

    ReplyDelete